What’s all the fuss about Yoga for Seniors?
Yoga is a comprehensive, preventative and restorative wellness activity that can help with many of the challenges that accompany aging.
For example, yoga:
- helps combat joint deterioration and improves flexibility: the “motion (in yoga) is lotion”
- helps manage hypertension and diabetes
- can improve respiratory function
- alleviates stress and depression
- can relieve chronic pain and reduce the need for pain medication
- enhances mood, sleep and energy levels
- can help slow the progression of Alzheimer’s through meditation
- helps improve balance and co-ordination
- enhances body awareness and confidence, and fosters independence in ADL’s (activities of daily living)
Yoga for Seniors sessions are relaxed and suitable for persons of all abilities – even beginners. And it’s never too late to start yoga. Classes also provide social interaction and can be an enjoyable activity for seniors and friends/family/caregivers to share. Private sessions are also available, and we are happy to come to your location if that is more convenient.
We have specialized training and experience in Chair Yoga and Yoga for Seniors. We are also CPR certified and screened by the Toronto Police Reference Check Program.
“It’s not how old you are, it’s how you are old.” ― Jules Renard (French author 1864-1910)